Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kin

On Friday night, my whole family got to have dinner together.

I guess I should specify - my whole immediate family. That's Dad, Mom, Jeremy/Ashley/Micah/Tyler, Annie, Sarah, and myself.

Big deal? Yes.

Need context?

For a while, I lived in Montrose with Dad, Mom, Annie, and Sarah while Jeremy moved away to Greeley. Then, Annie moved to Seattle. Then Dad, Mom, Sarah, and I moved to Kansas City. Then I moved back to Montrose. Then I moved to Greeley. Then Jeremy and Ashley moved to Portland. Then they moved to Kansas City. Then Sarah moved to Liberty. Then Annie left Seattle and didn't have a place to call home at all. Then I moved to Texas. Then Annie moved to Nashville. Then I moved back here. And that is just the summary, really.

And Annie is not sure how long she will live in Nashville. And I am not sure how long I will live here. And Sarah doesn't know where she will be going after nursing school, but there is a good chance it won't even be in this country.

So. Having dinner with my whole family is rather special. I'm always amazed and even baffled by entire families that live in one place. The concept of it makes sense. But right now might be the closest my family will ever come to achieving that. So I'll take it while I can have it.

I love my family.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

:o)

Love you too.

WAR!!!!
WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR???

Unknown said...

wow, that's awesome! thanks for the reminder, i often take my family for granted because we do all live here...i forget that it isn't always that way.

rachel rianne said...

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY TOO.

karlie nicole cooper. said...

so cute. i'm glad you had a fun weekend!