Sunday, October 19, 2008

Buenas Bonjours

Yesterday, I had several customers greet me in different languages at the cash register. At least, that's what I could assume they were doing, as I do not understand that many languages.

Maybe Johnson County is becoming more culturally diverse, you say?
Doubtful.
Maybe coincidence?
Unlikely.
Maybe someone had, without my knowledge, posted a 'trivia question' on the board behind me asking customers if they could say 'Good morning/afternoon to us in a different language?'?
Yes, I think that might have happened.

Customers: Sorry for staring blankly at you and not cracking so much as a smile.
Starbucks: I'm over you.

5 comments:

~LB said...

Beunos dear friend, sorry can't spell spanish. but guess what at wayside waifs they have a job opening for a volunteer cordinator. (um can't spell in english either) you should check it out. loves laura

Han said...

I have to say, you and Starbucks do have a tumultous relationship.

I don't even know if I spelled that word correctly. Ah... oh well.

Anonymous said...

Ha. That is so very something Starbucks would do. I'm sorry, but the blog is funny. Does that help?

Anonymous said...

LOL are you serious???


-t

karlie nicole cooper. said...

the only time i remember to respond to you is at school when all i have is the blog world. SO! would you want to get coffee tomorrow after school? we could meet where ever you wanted to. i would say we could hang today, but i have a doctor's appt. think about it and let me know! hope your week is going wonderfully.