Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arbitrary

It is finally my favorite season. And almost my favorite month. Tomorrow.

When I took Gabe for his walk this morning, I noticed that it was actually chilly outside. And it made me glad.

Or sitting at a stoplight the other day, I looked up and was surprised to see that the trees lining the road ahead on either side were mostly gold.

Little stuff like that warms me inside.

I also got to help be in charge of decorating the store with a 'harvest' theme last night. We had a budget of thirty dollars - we spent one hundred and eight dollars. Um...budget fail? But we had like two things we ended up being able to return. Plus we justified it, thinking that most of the stuff could be re-used in future years. And it IS the third biggest Starbucks in the country. Shouldn't we have a budget to match?

Ever have one of those days where you just never get yourself together? Like, still wearing pajamas well past lunch, wearing your hair in the pony tail you slept with, contemplating errands you could run but instead choosing to ignore them and checking your Facebook periodically and hanging out with your dog because you're not really fit to be around people at the moment...anyone?

wow, that ended up being a little more revealing than it possibly should have been. But I, like anyone else, have my reasons for condoning such a day.

A heart that's full up like a landfill,
a job that slowly kills you,
bruises that won't heal.

thank you, radiohead.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

becca! you always inspire me.

it is fall here too, not sure if you would know that or not. it's not full on fall yet but it's getting there. actually yesterday was like 75 degrees. but the air has changed and the leaves are beginning to position themselves where they belong...on the ground.

budget fail! sometimes when something makes me laugh, the only way i can express it is by repeating whatever it is that entertained me and adding a "!" to the end of it.

do you know who i am?

I am Bethany. said...

the good cold weather lasted about 4 hours from when we woke up to the high of 72.

baby steps. we'll get there.

Rachel said...

I LOVE those days.

Madeline L'Engle would call them "be-ing" days. And tell us never to feel guilty about taking time to "be."

~LB said...

really?? the third biggest?? I'm impressed

rachel rianne said...

i wholeheartedly wish that i could have one of those days.

more than that, i wish i could have one of those days and just sit with my dog (i'm dreaming okay?) and you and gabe and we could sit on our computers with the tv going, eat foooood and waste the entire day.

yes?

Han said...

I love reading your blog. I actually love the days I don't have to have interaction with anyone but Puck... and get to lounge around. Those days are getting fewer and fewer...

Anonymous said...

new post please!

-t

also hopefully we can have an AIM date soon. i have been very busy this weekend AHH