Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Peer Pressure

Well, I finally have succumbed to the ways of this darned blog survey. Forgive me if you find yourself 'above' this kind of thing. But, blogging friends that I have respect for did it, so why not me too?

Here are the rules:

1. the rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
3. at the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. ten years ago I was doing...
I was 12. So...what WAS I doing? I was homeschooled. Probably wearing some kind of unbelievably cool outfit, like Winnie the Pooh overalls or stretch pants with an over-sized t-shirt adorned with puppies or something. Braces were in full force, and I am pretty sure I was sporting a bowl cut with bangs. (tangent: In 9th grade, a fellow classmate took a look at my 7th grade school ID and told me I looked like a boy. Not exactly the words a girl loves to hear. But let's just be honest, I was a late bloomer. Maybe too late.) Anyway, my activities consisted of dance classes, 4-H dog classes, and maybe some art lessons and of course playing a role in every church musical that came about. I have the videos to prove it.


2. five things on today’s to do list...
1. Go to the bank. (too late)
2. Clean up my aforementioned room. (I think I say that every day)
3. Write my FORTY TWO HOUR WORK SCHEDULE for next week into my planner. (Holy...)
4. Catch up on emails.
5. Complete this survey. (so I can at least accomplish SOMETHING on my list)

3. things I’d do if I were a billionaire...
I would donate a whole lot to good causes. I would spoil my friends and family with surprises. I would buy land in Colorado and build a kennel and a house on it so I could train from home. And I would get myself a Subaru Forester with heated seats.

4. three bad habits...
1. Washing clothes, drying them, and then forgetting about them in the dryer. Ok the first two things are probably good habits, but the third one is not.
2. Not dusting. Ever.
3. Staying up too late when I should obviously be asleep

5. five places i’ve lived...
1. San Jose, California
2. Montrose, Colorado
3. Greeley, Colorado
4. Hutto, Texas
5. The OP, Kansas

I would like to note that I have lived exactly five places in my life.

6. five jobs i’ve had in life...
1. Kennel help at a vet clinic
2. Paper filer at an Insurance Office
3. Front desk attendant in my dorm
4. Ice cream server
5. Waitresshostessbaristababysitterdogtrainerkennelhelpagain

I have clearly had more than five jobs.

7. 5 tagged people
Everyone who reads this.

Final remarks: I saw the Swell Season last night. I am in love with them. In addition to being musically incredible, they had the best stage presence ever! Get your listen on with them as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You forgot front desk attendant at the pet hotel.

What, are you embarassed or something?

karlie nicole cooper. said...

becca i'm super jealous that you saw the swell season. sometimes living in manhattan is not the greatest. well i'm really glad you enjoyed them. that movie/their voices..ah. anyway.

we should go see sigur ros in june. i FB stalked your status and saw you already have tickets. if i get on that soon we should go together!

rachel rianne said...

DUDE.
did i not tell you to go to sigur ros?
did i not tell you there would be ppl you know who would go?
yeah.
i'm right.
and awesome.