Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weekly News

I don't honestly have the time/energy right now to write something very cohesive or creative. But I have been neglecting my blog, so for the few of you out there who read this, here are a few little updates.

1. I will never again let Gabe eat rawhide, or at least not in the amount that he got treated to on Easter. (I never have let him have it in the past but he was offered one by a friend). Two days of diarrhea and throwing up was enough for me. And him. He's doing a lot better today though!

2. My room looks a little better than it did last week. Still lots of boxes strewn about, closet mostly empty due to a lack of hangers, and no comforter/sheets on the bed. But there are a few things on the walls, the book shelf is filling up, and I can see the carpet at least! Once Dad arrives on Friday, a few more of these issues should be remedied.

3. I get exhausted from my job. Some days, such as Monday and Tuesday of this week, I work from 6:45-6:15. With a break in the middle, but still. SUCH A LONG DAY. At the same time, the challenge of learning a new job with new tasks has been good for me I think. I feel like it's a more worthwhile job and something to take more pride in than being a barista. Not that it's hard to find a job with more purpose than making coffee, but still.

4. I am having Thai food and watching LOST with my roommates tonight. Awww. I haven't been able to talk about roommates in so long. The girls I live with are really great. For being a random find on Craigslist, we seem to be getting along very well. Not to mention they have good taste in TV shows...

5. Bri, Emily (not roommates) and I are starting up a little Bible Study/book study together. Will be reading 'Following Jesus' by N.T. Wright. Not gonna lie, a little bit intimidated to read Wright. But still looking forward to it.

The end. Ha lame. Picture post soon???

1 comment:

rachel rianne said...

so you sounds like a complete college girl. who has lots of friends and a busy and exciting social life. but you're working! and have a dog! and are so much cooler than us college babes. thai food that you can actually pay for? MUCH cooler.


i misss you.