Sunday, April 26, 2009

All the First Pages

Things are a-changing.

Some things already have. Such as, I moved back to Colorado. Started a new job. Met new roommates and moved in with them. Pay my own bills.

On Thursday, Dad will officially live in the state again. Mom will not be far behind. I'm pretty glad about this...but there is an element of nostalgia too. I will never live in our house of almost six years again. My family will stretch from Nashville all the way to the Front Range of Colorado. Sometimes I feel like a broken record talking about this so much but it's basically the theme of my life now and will continue to be for several months. Kansas City became more like a home in the year I lived there, but now it too will become another closed chapter in our lives.

I see the positive in the changes. It's been a breath of fresh air for me to have regained my independence. I might have cried intermittently on the drive from Kansas to Colorado...but that was the last time. And it has been such a good thing for me to set about conquering a new city, a new job, and basically living like any other 'adult' would. I'm thankful that my parents will be back in the place they love the most and that they will have a chance to serve one more church before Dad retires.

But I'm a little sad too. I miss friends. I miss The freaking Gathering. I miss my family's dogs, the kennel I worked at, and I miss being able to have a family dinner every so often. So, someone, whenever it turns muggy and gross there...please tell me. So that I can miss that place a little less.

4 comments:

karlie nicole cooper. said...

it's actually been pretty hot/humid the past couple of days. i'm not ready for it. i forgot that even drying my hair is a chore when its hot. so, you can miss us a little less. :)

Unknown said...

dear becca,

first, i miss you.

second, i sat @ the royals game the other night wanting to curse the wind and humidity.

third, love. :)

rachel rianne said...

haha i called my mom on thursday and was like, "MOM. IT'S HOT." and she was like, "oh. well boohoo. you now have to deal with it like all us people who have to stay in kansas during the summer! your life is SO hard!"

i will NOT be a happy camper this summer with this humidity and crap. i will for sure be missing the mtns and the nw air come june.


and what's else is that kc best not be a closed chapter... i'd take an "ajar chapter" over a closed chapter. i mean, you still have two nephews, a few siblings and a TON of open arms around these parts for you. and that's more than even seattle has, i think. ...not that we're competing or anything.

but i'm so happy for you. i just want to see you soon.

bec said...

i love karlie, i love suz, and i love rachel.