Thursday, September 11, 2008

Introductions

I can't resist. A free night means the next part of my trip can be shared!

Today, I want to feature each person who was on the party bus when I arrived.

1.

Kevin McCoy. This guy spoke in an Australian accent for the first, oh...few hours of me being there? I was very taken off guard by that at first and I will have you all know that I WAS SKEPTICAL. Because I could tell this group of people is one that loves shenanigans and what better way to confuse me than throw in an accent? Of course, I didn't want to call him out on it on the chance that it was really a genuine accent. Can you imagine? As I would come to find out, Kevin is perhaps the wittiest person to roam the Earth. I beat him in checkers. Once.

2.

Trevor Gibson. I did not get to know Trevor too well on the trip, but I did get to meet his little Cairn Terrier Izzie! We were also the odd ones out when one night at dinner someone decided to play those silly party games where they don't tell you how it's played, you just have to observe and figure out what the secret trick is. Know what I'm talking about?

3.

Shefali Pace. This baller got us the sweet discount on the lodge in Whistler! She is super cool, nice, has a radiant smile, and gave me a very genuine hug the first night I was there. She also works downtown (along with Kevin), making her oh-so-cool in my eyes! The girl is a lifelong vegetarian, which everyone likes to give her a horrible time about. But she has the best sense of humor ever about everything! Someone stole her GPS out of her car while we were gone. If you see that thief, please punch him/her in the face for me.

4.

Brooks Wheatley. Another person I did not have a chance to talk to very much. But, his name is Brooks! And one night, he was wearing Brooks shoes, and I found that very funny. If there were shoes called Becca, I would wear them.

5.

TORY CYR! She was my fantastic host, and she is quite possibly the cutest human being in the world (as her picture demonstrates). I have so much in common with her it's uncanny! Her house is the home of five dogs, so she has me beat there - but I think mine outweigh hers by quite a bit. We had a blast talking about dogs and not having to feel nerdy about it :). Her birthday happens to be one day before mine. I wish we could have a joint birthday party, and that I could be her neighbor for ever and ever. Also! She got ENGAGED while we were in Whistler to her love!

6.

Phil Cobrea. Tory's aforementioned new fiance! I chose a very random picture of him to use. A super cool guy with a great heart. He even likes playing the name the dog breed game! Used to play bass for the band This Providence. His being in that band is somewhat the reason I ever befriended Tory in the first place, so he gets a lot of credit. I am so excited for Phil and Tory!

7.

Jeff Bundy. He is certainly a ring leader in this group of friends, pumping us up for all sorts of things (notice how he is standing up in the party bus picture). He wore a loud noise maker around his neck for most of the week and made good use out of it. Often. He runs a business from his own home and prides himself on being the Camping Photo President on Facebook (aka The Most Commented Photo on Facebook). Ask me sometime if you are curious about it!!

8.

Rachel Bundy. Jeff's beautiful wife! She is in the process of becoming a nanny for one or two families in the Seattle area so she can also work from home. I was super happy to learn that she also is a big fan of dogs and knows lots about different breeds. She has very enviable hair. I told her so.

9.

Jason Steiner. The baby of the group at 20! He was a good pal all week. Works at AT&T but is getting ready to do a DTS with YWAM in a few weeks! I found out that he once met Bethany Dillon and she got his number, then texted him a few days later. Although he originally was relatively unimpressed by my ordinary dog Gabe, he later watched the videos of his tricks and changed his mind. Therefore we can be friends.

10.

Josh Reeves. He is quite the expert with computers and web design, etc. Runs the website Wingclips for a living. If you are someone who gives speeches/sermons/talks to groups often and find yourself wanting an easy way to incorporate movie clips that tie in with your theme, you should check into this site! I managed to convert him to being a fan of LOLcats...or at least I am taking the credit for it whether or not I had anything to do with it. He was our resident Canadian who was a big help navigating and helping us not get too confused being over the border.

More people joined our group later on, but these were the first ones I met. Too much? I am milking this trip for stories to the max!!

3 comments:

~LB said...

i love your stories. whats the most commented picture on facebook? Its kinda cool to know now that i am within 6 degrees of bethany dillion too. See I know you who knows a guy who was texted by Bethany thats only four degrees

Shanna said...

tory is so cute! i'm so jealous of her hair!

Jonathan.Ullberg said...

This is so weird. So I look up "Most commented photo on Facebook" to see if my friend Jeff and Jason are mentioned or if there is a competitor and I find the blog of Becca, the girl that I've heard so many stories about from Jason. It's a small world. By the way, I'm Jonathan, I go to church with Jeff and Jason.