Saturday, September 13, 2008

Out and About

Fair warning: I am not sure how witty and fun I feel tonight, so this installment may not be all that intriguing. Then again, sometimes I am at my best when deliriously tired. Pictures can probably say it better than I can tonight.

In the two days between arriving in Seattle and then traveling up to Whistler, I was whisked about various Washingtonian locations and also got to experience several restaurants around the area. Fact: I think it's awesome that we ate at one of a kind places!

Another fact: I dare you to read the word 'shiitake' on a menu and try not to laugh or at least smile. Or is that just me?

Fun in toy stores:





An afternoon about downtown Seattle (there cannot be a cooler city. ((Colorado, you forever hold the spot for best state but Seattle is the best city. Sorry. I love you.))) Josh and Tory were great tour guides and we even got to meet up with my Mom's friend Lisa for a few hours:






In that same day, we made it all the way to Snoqualmie Falls - such a cool place! Even if they don't allow dogs there. From the looks of the sign though, only fugly dogs are banished so maybe I see their logic. Tory and I were famished by then and we just had to stop for a snack.








In the two days available to me in Washington, I made stops in so many cities/towns! Cathcart, Sultan, Snohomish, Sammamish, Woodinville, Bothell, Snoqualmie (is it more than a waterfall? It is, right?) Seattle, Mill Creek...and I am sure there were more. But someone would have to help me out with names because my mind was flooded with all of the places we went.

Well, since this is a very choppy and weird post anyway, I might as well tell you now that my hostess Tory knew I would miss Gabers so very much while I was away from him. Maybe because I couldn't shut up about it ahead of time? Maybe because she just knows. Either way, when I got to her house that first night, I turned on the light in my room and discovered that she had printed an 8x10 picture of him and put it on the wall!! Tell me she is not forever-friend material!

1 comment:

rachel rianne said...

the pig!
and lisa!
and that dog symbol is sick.

ugh.
i'm jealous of your trip already.