Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hallowhat?

So I was at the grocery store with a cool one the other night. We were getting brownies. To go with our beer. To follow up on our Chipotle. To be so healthy. So we could watch the Olympians and think about how many calories they have to consume every day, and how many we ourselves consumed in one night. This isn't even the point of the story though.

The point is that, while shopping, we saw large quantities of the colors orange and black. We also saw those colors paired with candy. Lots and lots of it. Including Candy Corns. You guys, this means that they are already getting ready for Halloween! And while I feel that it is much too early to be thinking of such a day, a few additional thoughts regarding Halloween have come up in the last few days.

Number one: I am turning twenty freaking three on Halloween. I think I am still getting used to being twenty two! And I mean, I JUST became legal to drink the beer I previously mentioned, right? How did this happen?

Number two: How much do you want to bet that the most popular costume of this Halloween will be this guy? Psh, I should go as him. Gabe and I both maybe. HA imagine the hilarity of trying to paint his face...but actually, he already paints his own.



Number three: I told a guy the other day that my birthday was on Halloween, and he was seriously weirded out by it. Umm, I'm sorry? SOME PEOPLE have to be born on Halloween!

Number four: I am excited for October to be here because that means fall will be here. Fall is the best.

10 comments:

hootenannie said...

You and Greebs should be Ewoks!

rachel rianne said...

hah what kind of person gets weirded out that you were born on halloween??

lammeoo

karlie nicole cooper. said...

first of all, you forgot to mention that we also had freezer burned ice cream, too (and ate it anyway)

second of all, i am turning 23 before you, which makes me feel old too. but we're in this together. like high school musical.

third of all, i think it's cool that your birthday is on halloween. halloween gets uncool when you get older - but your birthday is never uncool.

~LB said...

I love fall!!! I love Gabe!!! and I love Candy corn. If we were on xanga I would give you three eprops for this post

Liz said...

Fall is the bomb.

Hobby Lobby already has Christmas decor covered. Don't go there, you might get high blood pressure.

I turn 21 October 3rd. I might drink beer. just like you.

Anonymous said...

most people think i am born on halloween! even when i tell them it's the 30th they always ask "wait, is yours the 30th or 31st?" and then they ask again every year.

guess who i am.

Han said...

I'd agree- you are right on about the new costume fad. ALSO- you are not an oddball because your birthday is Halloween. The real question is... are you a witch? "How do you know she's a witch?" "She turned me into a NEWT!!! I got better..."


Name that movie.

bec said...

annie - how? how would either of us be an ewok?

rachel - a lame one. fact.

karlie - haha. my bad. never will i forget that freezer burned ice cream. i am sooo relieved you are turning 23 also! let's drink beer and eat brownies and freezer burned ice cream in celebration.

laura - haha! i'll take it.

liz - beer is great. you should have some.

anonymous - TORY!!

han - aw crap, i am a loser and have no idea where that quote came from. help??

hootenannie said...

Jeremy was an Ewok one year. He had an Ewok mask. You could wear it, and Greebs could be muddy. I love Ewoks.

hootenannie said...

Here is inspiration.