Thursday, August 28, 2008

Checks and Balances

Since finishing school in February, I have accumulated somewhat of a lengthy list of purchases I need and/or want to make with the paychecks I earn. Unfortunately not all of the things are items I would classify as happy purchases, but they need to be paid for nonetheless.

What I have paid for so far:

1. One of those barriers for the car that is supposed to keep a dog in the back. Gabe weighs 45 pounds and knocked the bars down within about 30 seconds of riding back there. Honestly, people? THAT'S how poorly you want to design your product? I think it can be doctored up with stuff that will make it more stable, but really. How stupid is it that it would be so flimsy?

2. A web domain for my website. Sure, I have not gotten so far as to work on getting a website up and running, but at least the domain name I wanted is mine! So don't try to steal it.

3. An external hard drive. Because sometimes Apples go bad.

4. Car registration. What a lame thing to face paying for for the rest of my life. I'll bet Dad is glad he can pay for one less this year though!

5. MY TICKET FOR VACATION/WHISTLER LODGING!! Ok so that one is a fun one. And I only have to wait 4.5 more days until I get to go!

Things I still need to get:

1. A passport. Another worthwhile purchase, but something I am dragging my heels to go get. It will be worth it for the cruise next year though!

2. Cruise control for the Forester. Apparently cars made in the late 90's were not all equipped with such a thing. And I can just suck it up and use my foot all the time...but what if I wanna drive to Colorado???

3. Sallie Mae. Oh how I love paying you back with your 7% interest rate. I will show you though - every cent I take off of the principal is less money for you to make off of me. Suck it.

4. A FURMINATOR!! Everyone knows that when these guys are your roommates...









...you need one of these.



More precisely, I need one. For those roommates.

6 comments:

hootenannie said...

Your car doesn't have cruise control? My Honda is a 90, and it has cruise control! They can install it? Weird. Good luck! But I think that you need the Furminator first.

Sarah said...

I have no cruise control. I made it from Richland. Cruise control is for sissies.

bec said...

annie - no! the dealership tried to tell us it had it too but we caught them with our trusty investigatory journalist skillz. they offered to have it installed for an additional fee at the time but i just didn't have the money.

but yeah, i think furminator first too.

sarah - yeah but you whined like a sissy about your leg hurting when you got back. mew mew mew.

Julianne said...

Becca...about going to Whistler and not having a passport...you might want to check into that--if you're flying, you need a passport. If you're driving, I don't think you have to have one yet--but you will need a drivers license, and I think a birth certificate...but you probably know this already...so I should probably just be quiet and tell you to have a blast in Whistler--it's fun! I miss the west coast! Are you spending any time in Vancouver? Because Vancouver is awesome.

Han said...

Actually, I have a ferminator for my cat Puck. He doesn't like it all too much, but every time I hold him down for another go I get at least a hamster's worth of fuzz. Ew.

karlie nicole cooper. said...

so i'm on your blog at work, but i have a break while my class is in music. i just wanted to tell you that i do NOT have any plans tonight, and i would love to hang out - that is if you aren't busy. i will call you when i am done with work! have a good friday!