Sunday, August 24, 2008

100!

This is my 100th post apparently. AND I have had this blog for just over a year. I missed that anniversary though, so so much for commemorating that.

I feel like this calls for making a list of 100 things. That I like, or I hate, or...I don't even know. But that sounds way too ambitious for this blog. Instead I'll have to think of something else to talk about.

The Good:
- I am so thankful that today is a day off. Like you have no idea.
- It seems like we may have been cut a deal with the summer weather. It's been pretty nice out the last few weeks! I would be more than fine if it stayed like this or even cooler from here on out.
- Having a car that gets decent gas mileage makes life a little more carefree.
- Vacation in 8 days. PNW, here I come!

The Bad:
- One of my loans has the worst interest rate ever. I have put hundreds of dollars towards paying it off too, but since most of it goes towards interest it really has only cut down on the principal amount about 250 dollars. Insert expletive here.
- I really miss some of my friends.
- Lately Starbucks has been sucking the life out of me. It's changed a lot since I first started there.
- I'm really nervous about leaving Gabe behind for a whole week. Call me dependent, call me paranoid, call me a nerdy-loser-that-will-never-get-married-or-have-friends...I just hate being apart from him. Plus what if he happened to get really sad too? I would feel like I failed.

The Ugly:
- Gabe's left eye is drippy. I keep wiping it but it keeps tearing up more.
- I had a personal run in with a tick this past week. Details I choose not to share with just anyone. But know that I was thoroughly disgusted.
- I would like to know if my skin will ever pass the 'Oh hey I'm a hormonal teenager' stage. (by the way - I'm not a teenager. So I feel pretty justified about wishing for my skin to move past that time period.)
- This next one could pretty much be included under any of the headings, I realize. But I'll just put it here so this blog has an amazing finish. I was salvaging some old pictures the other day and came across this one. I didn't get a good shot of it at all, but do you realize what it is? A truck limo. Four cabs, with a big old bed behind it. Only in Greeley, CO!

6 comments:

rachel rianne said...

sweeeeet truck.
i'm daaang jealous of greeley for that one.

Julianne said...

Becca...I like the new look of you blog.
And, my friend, I am asking the same question regarding teenager skin...and I have been out of teenagerness for a little longer than you (like, when I was exiting teenagerness, you still had the pie cut...oh wait, that was Sarah wasn't it?) anyway...maybe in heaven all our skin will be without blemish?

karlie nicole cooper. said...

wow you leave so soon for your adventure. PROMISE me we can get together and talk and have fun before that. AND i completely echo the hormonal face comment. haha.

Shanna said...

you weren't at rachel's birthday party last night? what's up with that?

Christina Ward said...

We left Flutie for a "doggie overnight camp" for the first time last weekend and I was a total wreck. It was extremely pathetic but I kept worrying about his fragile psyche and whether or not he'd be sad and alone. Even though he was staying at a super nice kennel-free in-home boarding place with other doggies and constant supervision. It was seriously Dog Disneyland. And he was fine. Better than fine. I don't think he missed me at all. It was actually a relief.

Bottom line: Word.

Han said...

Dang. I didn't know they made strech limo trucks. I guess you can't keep the cowboys from partying like its 1999. :O)


Also, you aren't a freak- sometimes I miss my cat when I'm gone... how much of a loser does that make ME??