Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Throwing Thoughts Tonight

I don't really have a purpose or theme behind today's blogging, so let me just throw some thoughts at you.

Gabe outdid himself the other night when he broke into a box of S.O.S. pads. For those of you who may not know exactly what to picture when hearing the words 'S.O.S. pads': S.O.S Soap Pad is a trade name for a scouring pad, used for cleaning dishes, and made from steel wool impregnated with soap.
Yes, that is right. Gabe Parsons somehow managed to find enjoyment in STEEL WOOL IMPREGNATED WITH SOAP.

Here is how we figure it must have gone down. Dad was working on something underneath of the kitchen sink. He probably turned his back at some point, and Gabe descended, carrying away the box secretly. He pulled out all but one S.O.S. pad in the dining room and tore them to shreds (doesn't that remind you of chewing on tinfoil or something???). I returned from church at about 10:00 or so that night, and the dining room was dark so I wouldn't have noticed anything. But Gabe, being the jolly guy he is, greeted me with enthusiasm, disappeared for a moment, and then returned with the almost empty box in his mouth, triumphantly displaying it for all to see. It was then that I saw the shadows of a mess on the floor, and turned on the dining room light. Yep, steel wool. And blue powder. Everywhere. I didn't think to take a picture of it this time, but it was almost as amazing as his litterbox heyday. So far, Gabe has shown no signs of sickness. Or remorse, for that matter. At least his shenanigans give me something to write about...

I really really want to buy a Forester. Especially if gas keeps going up in price. It will be so sad to part with the truck - he's like an old friend - but it's looking more and more like the smart thing to do to get rid of him. He's a high maintenance guy with financial demands I simply cannot really choose to deal with.

I am highly considering a perm for my summer hair-do. Any thoughts on that? I feel like it's one of those things that I could adore because it would be so easy to do before work or whatever, but it could also turn out looking quite horrendous. Like one of these beauts perhaps:





Working at Starbucks has been very enjoyable over all so far. No boss who wants to 'hang' outside of work, no stupid trainer who randomly disappears to socialize with customers while I man the ship, no making less than minimum wage (thank you, The Magnus). And you know what? These people actually appreciate me I think! Pretty much every time I wrap up a shift, they tell me good job and that I am a sweet girl, a fast learner. Just those few words of encouragement really help me push through the awkward times of being the new employee. How cheesy but great.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only got to read a few entries. But I like your lob. Have a great week

Laura said...

You're the cutest Starbucks worker, aren't you!

Julie said...

beccaaaa

okay several things:

1. i absolutely adore your starbucks uniform picture. in the most non-creepy way, i want you to know i looked and pondered just how adorable you are for a good amount of time. haha.

2. please try toddy! maybe, if you're ever bored (though i bet that's not as often with this new job of yours) you could come meet me at broadway (naturally) and you could order a really good toddy. it's well worth it.

3. i'm actually not in arkansas...i already went last week! but, if you like, you can read about it (because i just posted :)

haha. ohh blog promotion. i'm so lame.


have a great thursday!

Anonymous said...

So glad the bucks is treating you right! FL has been gorgeous...it's not quite 10pm and I'm shortly headed to bed. However, I am excited to see your face again and be friends. Yay!

bad diary days said...

becca parsons,
i had a bad experience in colorado. it had to do with climbing pikes peak with bronchitis. i am willing to give it another shot though.

i would recommend perm #3.

hello to you!

nick

Anonymous said...

#1... but you've gotta get that pose down.

Plus a subaru would be grand. I've been wanting one for when I move away from KC and sleep in my car for years to come... obviously the perfect reason for a Forrester.

Anonymous said...

I had a perm about three years ago. They just never turn out like naturally curly hair. And I think I JUST finished growing it out.

They're fun to try, but aren't always what you expect. And it's not like hair color you can change back in three months if you don't like it.

I say, just be ready to commit. :)