Monday, April 14, 2008

A Demo Dog?

Every dog trainer needs a demo dog. That is by and large (what a weird phrase) the reason I adopted Gabe.

This is what I got.



Ok, so he is a little better than this now. But he definitely adds his own...'sparkle' to everything he does.

In other news, I was advised to write here about how great Kansas City is. So I will now do that.

First of all, KC Masterpiece barbeque sauce is so good. And although native Kansas Cityans seem to think I am inferior for making it my sauce of choice...I stand by my taste. It DOES have KC in the title after all, people.

Secondly, I would like to say that, upon coming out of the mall this evening at about 5ish, the weather was absolutely amazing. I was wearing jeans, and no coat, and it was absolutely comfortable and perfect. And I thought why can't it be like this every day? Oh, and also I had a couple of shirts on too. Just thought I should clarify that.

Third, there are very cool people to get to know. And they are all advocates of me liking Kansas City. And that is great to me.

Fourthly, I am not a sports guru. But I did love the Jayhawks winning last week. And also, the Royals are doing very well so far.I felt obligated to mention that.

Fifthly, my family is here. And they rule. Check out all of their blizzogs.

God is good. I like to think I am going to make it these days.

5 comments:

hootenannie said...

Greebs is a polar bear nose.

I'm glad you're liking KC. Maybe someday I'll be there, too, and we can hang out every day since I won't know anyone besides the family.

Until then, I live in Nashville. Where I attended the CMT Music Awards tonight, and saw Miley Cyrus.

Anonymous said...

The immense love that KCers have for this land is what drew me here as well. As I am now one of them, I am very happy that you are enjoying your new home.

rachel rianne said...

ha i forget that you've only experienced extremely disgusting aspects of kansas weather. but i'm so glad that you're loving the beauty of our springs.


oh, and sarah is hoping to bring ashley out to manhattan to see the flint hills. don't you think that you should come visit too? i mean... you don't know how much you can love kansas until you see the prairie hills... anytime of the year.

and there's nothing like the smell of burning prairie grass and then seeing the green sprout from the ashes.

for serious.




go kansas.

Blake said...

KC bbq sauce... alright seriously, broaden your horizons. You realize KC masterpiece wasn't around until the late 70's early 80's?

Bryant's and Gates were ruling the scene years before that.

But, you're almost exempt (almost) because you mentioned how awesome the royals are, and they are awesome indeed.

-Blake

bad diary days said...

i would like to echo annie's noticing that gabe looks like a polar bear. also, i am sorry that blake was so harsh. if kc masterpiece makes you happy, that is all that matters... however... please be open to more "better" or "superior" sauces.
please find me a weimeraner that is a puppy, but never misbehaves. thanks.
nick