Monday, October 1, 2007

Don't look up.

After years and months and weeks and days of planning, I am officially a student at Triple Crown. There is a lot to say this far and yet no conclusive information.

I am living in a three bedroom trailer. The good news? I only have one other house mate! So we have plenty of space for ourselves including our own bathrooms. I do not mind that one bit.

She seems like a cool girl. Or should I say woman. She is 30! Her name is Katie and so far I am really thankful I've been paired with her. She's from Vancouver, Washington and works for Horizon Airlines as a flight attendant. She seems very laid back and did not bring a dog with her; she's planning to just get a rescue dog from the school.

It's hard to say if I will get super close with any of the other students yet. There are certainly a variety of us here. Foul-mouthed girls with their Pit Bulls, a girly girl with a small dog. I am so far the only one with a mixed breed dog. Losers...

Oh, and George? Did not show up. Jared did though. He has Pit Bulls as well and was a last minute addition to the roster.

I am really liking the idea so far of living on a 'ranch' type of property. There is so much open space and trees all over, We have to drive a considerable distance to go into town, and internet is not accessible in every building. I'll be 'roughing' it ever so slightly and I think that is ok.

BUT. I have two things to share about that are horrid. 1. The lizard who is living IN MY CLOSET LIGHT. I looked up while moving in to see the silhouette of a little, tiny Gecko-like thing against the glass covering. It wasn't moving, so I half laughing got Annie's attention and asked her if she thought it was real. We stood there, staring, debating. It was motionless. And then, all of a sudden, it WASN'T motionless. And we screamed. I have yet to solve what to do with my lizard...but I think the maintenance man will be receiving a call tomorrow.

The other thing? 2. Spiders. EVERYWHERE SPIDERS. And they are NOT SMALL. Katie and I just happened to take in the sights of our little backyard today, glanced upwards, and saw the BIGGEST arachnid ever. And then another. And another. There are in fact colonies of these huge bugs living all over the place in our trees. And I am severely creeped out. If I EVER see one in the house, I just may cry. And that is not an exagerration.

Gabe is doing well so far. He is of course A.D.D. and overly-excited. But I think he is going to learn so much. I am too. And it all starts tomorrow...

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

For pictures of the lizard, check my blog!!!!!

Jack Ensor said...

Now that's a shameless plug.

Laura said...

Becca, what is your school called and how long will you be attending? It sounds like an adventure, good luck!

~LB said...

YES! I got a blog, Im such a follower ahh I'm just not cool enough for the trend setter spot. I will leave that to the professionals.. Anyway YOUR IN TEXAS!!! THats awesome congratulations!!!