Saturday, October 20, 2007

Blah blah blah

I don't really have anything new to share. Life is full of lots of dog things, and not a lot else! But it's nice as always to get to a weekend so things are a bit more laid back. This is how my weekend has gone so far:

Last night, after taking care of Diamond and catching up on some emails, I went home and turned on our TV. We get one channel, and I watched what it had to offer - 'The Next Great American Band' or something like that. The show is trying way too hard but it entertained me for a good while. Katie came home at one point and told me she and some other people were going out to some local restaurant or bar or she didn't even know what it was, but I was already in my pajamas and not up for much. So I did Sudoku, listened to a sermon on my computer, and went to bed!

This morning, I took care of Diamond, got ready for the day, went grocery shopping and got gas. Then I came home, took Gabe for a walk, and talked to the lovely Megan on the phone for a good while. Then I came back down to school, did some obedience work, and now sit here writing this masterpiece of a blog.

Perhaps the highlight of the weekend will come tomorrow at 7 AM. My classmates and I got in trouble for letting our kennel get messy (well, some people were messier than others...) so we all got assigned some pretty intense cleaning duties this weekend. By 9 AM, every single kennel is to be disinfected inside and out, including water bowls and refilling them. There are two buildings to cover, four people assigned to one and three to the other. Apparently it took the group who went today over three hours to complete it all. Needless to say, I hope that 1. our cleaning doesn't take QUITE as long and 2. that people start being cleaner in the kennels so this doesn't become a weekly occurence. Remember how I mentioned the bootcamp concept? Yeah, I still stand by that comment.

Even though there is not a lot going on around me on the weekends, there is definitely a lot going on inside me. I am on quite literally an emotional roller coaster, and I would like to get off of it (you all know how much I love roller coasters). I am trying to make good decisions, trying to protect my heart, and yet simultaneously not sweep my emotions and thoughts under the rug. It's pretty much a full time job in itself. If I wasn't going to be so broke by the time I get out of dog school, I would treat myself to a nice vacation somewhere.

2 comments:

~LB said...

bECCA
it sounds like life is busy... I wish I could have seen you before you left. Tell me when your comign home ok? I hope it calms down for you and gets a little less boot campish
love laura

rachel rianne said...

i miss you.
a lot.

always praying for you.