Thursday, October 4, 2007

Really quick update

Triple Crown's internet is down. And I, feeling isolated as all get up today finally broke down and ventured into town to pay for internet at Starbucks. I cannot make it a habit, but it's seriously so hard to be disconnected from the world, especially with my feeling lonely to begin with. Loneliness is amplified about 49 times here, by the way.

But I like school. A lot. What we're learning is super interesting, and I can't wait to get more hands-on. I feel like my Psychology background is paying off (yes!) and that is really great since I wasn't ever sure if it was a good move to major in it or not.

I got a rescue dog assigned to me! A Dalmatian named Diamond. She is a little over a year old and really sweet. Never thought I'd have another Dalmatian on my hands, but now I do. I hope I can help transform her into a good pet for someone. It is so fulfilling to think about creating better bonds between people and their dogs. So many dogs in our world live very sad lives simply because they have no outlet for their mental abilities.

Gabe is the best doggy. I am so glad he's with me so much of the time.

School is TIRING. I start at 7 am and don't finish until 6 pm. Then starts homework, and we have to do at least 2 hours of independent study every day. Holy cow. But, it's good to be working hard at something I love. If it was anything other than this...it would be a very different story.

I'll do a better post, hopefully with pictures, when the internet gets fixed at the school. I love you all.

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

Tyler keeps asking, "Where's Becca? Where's Greebs?" And when I say, "They moved to Texas," he repeats it: "They moved to Texas?" And anytime that he hears a collar jingle, he exclaims, "Greebs!"

And Micah told Mom and Dad tonight that you got a new dog: a "deemation."

~LB said...

I hope that you have a good time there. I bet the loneliness will subside once it all picks up. Have fun with the dalmation!