Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stooping to This Level

I am a little funny about girly movies. I hated the new 'Pride and Prejudice', rolled my eyes at 'The Holiday', didn't cry in 'The Notebook', and have never finished watching 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days'.

But in the last month, I have seen not just one, but two chick flicks I found worth watching. 'New in Town' and 'The Proposal'. Both a little predictable, as is to be expected. But really funny, and really cute.

PS: But I still didn't cry in either of those. If you want to see me cry, make me watch a dog movie.

6 comments:

rachel rianne said...

hahahahahaha.
hilarious,
because
i saw BOTH of those movies
and wanted to DIE because they were so painful for me to watch.


oh becca.
that's hilarious.

bec said...

oh rachel. you cannot tell me you did not laugh at the awkwardness in the proposal! sandra, spinning the little puppy around outside? the part where they describe their engagement to the family? when she falls out of the boat? RUNNING INTO SOMEONE BUTT NAKED???

you had to think mainstream pop culture was ok for just a moment.

~LB said...

You both are funny, I don't think I will watch them but I won't lie how to lose a guy is a favorite at our house and it may not be my favorite but I won't tell you whos it is

Jeff said...

unbelievable.

hope you're doing well becca!

rachel rianne said...

i think that it was the AWFUL acting done by the extras during the ceremony and the office scenes + the awful acting of sandra bullock in being a mean person... it's not really her thing + the POWWOW SCENE. ohh my gosh.

i'll admit that i laughed a few times,
but out of those times,
a few of them were because of how terrible the script was and how extremely lame the editing proved to be too.

but i did laugh a few times.

bec said...

rachel - you have some valid points :) as we were driving home from the movie, i did mention that i didn't think mean was sandra's thing.

but hey. i liked twilight too, so i guess you can call me a genuine teeny bopper...