Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tidbits

It's one of those nights. As in, one of those nights where I have time to update my blog, feel obligated to update my blog since it has been so many days since the last update, but also am not sure of whether or not I have significant things to share.

So it will be a cocktail of thoughts, updates, and probably some useless information.

1. I'm still wearing the boot. For a while I was getting concerned that my tendon might not heal all the way. Because it was still bothering me a lot. Of course, going to work and standing on it for 6 or 7 hours was probably not helping it heal. Thankfully, in just the last two days or so, it has really started to feel somewhat normal again. My follow up appointment is on Monday, and I hope to get a go-ahead from the doctor to ditch the boot.
a. A friend of mine at church saw me from far away and thought I might have just been trying out a new style by wearing two different boots. I guess that could be taken in a good way?
b. A regular at Starbucks has offered to have me at his personal training gym to have a session with him to help heal the tendon. Undecided on taking him up on the offer.
c. I have gotten to a point where I forget I am wearing the boot. People ask me what happened a lot and I am taken off guard. Then I kick myself for not coming up with a cooler story regarding the reason for wearing it.
d. Due to my lack of walking ability, my dog is an absolute JOY to be around. And by JOY, I mean PEST.



2. I wonder when I will ever feel confident about what I should be doing with my life, and where I should be to do it. The bad news? It's really frustrating to just sit and let my thoughts about the future just stew. The good news? Lately I don't feel quite as uptight about knowing right away. My job has gotten beyond old. But it is a job. It meets my current needs. And it will carry me until the next thing does happen.

3. It was 0 degrees when I went out and got in my car this morning. The CD player in my car doesn't even turn on at such a temperature. When I left work, it was 12 degrees. And 12 degrees has never felt so pleasant. That is, in comparison to how I felt at 6:20 AM.

4. I thought LOST was coming on last night. But I was a week off. And then disappointed and even more annoyed that it's been so long since it has graced us with its presence. BUT. The silver-lining of the situation is that I got to watch American Idol instead - the one where they came to KC. And I know that if you read this blog you almost definitely know the same people I do. Probably introduced them to me, actually. But I just want to give a shout out to my friends whose lovely faces showed up on the episode. YOU'RE GOIN' TO HOLLYWOOD!!!

5. Iced soy chai from Starbucks seriously is divine. I drink it and literally feel euphoric. That is, until the break ends and I have to go back to the reality of work.

6. Today while I was cleaning up the bar, I heard a little voice say 'Boo!' So I turned around to find the face of my little darling nephew Micah peering over the counter, in the arms of his mom. Jeremy, Ashley, and the boys had come in to visit. Well, mostly to get a drink. But I so happened to be there, thankfully. Did my heart some good.
a. Micah and Tyler only wanted ice water to drink. Even with the other yummy options they could have gotten. Love them.

7. The end.

4 comments:

karlie nicole cooper. said...

OH MAN. let's watch the premiere of lost together next week. how much fun would that be?! then we can help each other remember what the heck's been happening since it's been SO FREAKIN LONG. that would be fun. as will saturday...be. what?

rachel rianne said...

thanks for the shout out.
probably one of the weirdest moments of my life.
margos going to be famous for talent,
and I'm the rando who yelled about it.

glad to hear the foots feeling better.
you should maybe take that guy up on his pt.

rachel rianne said...

duuude I just about redid my comment.
your blog security confuses me like crazy!
but I'm getting the hang of it.

obsidian xochitl said...

one of my favorite post becca. i don't know why. but it is.