Saturday, January 24, 2009

L O S T (him)

Last night while at the show of a lovely friend of mine, my friend Leslie and I sat at a table with various other people. Some of them we knew, others we didn't know. It was one of those settings where it was possible to be social and talk to others, but I also wanted to hear all of the music.

However, during one of the breaks between bands, someone that had been chatting with Leslie a lot reached across the table to shake my hand and introduce himself. I discovered that they had been discussing 'Lost', so naturally I wanted to join right in.

He informed me that some friends of his were planning on re-making an episode and filming it. He told me about how he was planning on playing not one, but two characters because there were not enough people to fill all the roles. And then, he offered me the chance to be a character in their episode if I was interested.

My response, straight-faced. "Yeah, I would like to be Sawyer!"
His response, straight-faced. "No. You would have to choose a female character."

haha. It felt a little bit like a Jim vs. Dwight moment. My joke FAILed. And then I felt awkward. But it was worth it.

3 comments:

~LB said...

you would be a great sawyer, but then I would have to pick a new lost character to have a crush on because it would be you and it would be weird

Shanna said...

okay, first, that sounds exactly like the type of joke i would try to make and FAIL. second, if that person needs anyone else to be in his LOST remake, um, i'm there, any time, day or night. that sounds like a dream come true.

bec said...

laura - i understand. even though i thought you had a crush on me all along.

shanna - you have no idea how happy/relieved it makes me to hear that you would make the same kind of joke. and also, if you did the lost remake i would totally do it too.