Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sara, Plain and Tall

While some people come up with very innovative, unique things to post and say on their blogs, I myself take a much easier way out most of the time.

Which is why I am sharing this gem with you today. Meet Sara the walrus.



Call me a loser. Call me easily entertained. I am fiercely interested and charmed by animals trained to do different things, even if it's just for fun. (Soon I will put up a new video of Gabe's new tricks!) I watch something like this and immediately want to know how they taught her, or if they really had to. Maybe they simply captured the behavior by reinforcing her when she did it on her own. Maybe she learned it by them modeling it for her. Maybe they rewarded close approximations until Sara grasped the entire behavior. Maybe I should have gone to walrus training school?

And in case Sara is not entertaining enough for you, at least take notice in how much fun the TRAINER is having starting at about the 38 second mark.

7 comments:

adam paul said...

the walrus is my 4th favorite animal.

~LB said...

Jobs in order of most likely to do
1. social worker
2. missionary
3. vet
4. marine biologist (then I could meet anna)

Julianne said...

That video was definitely worth it. I saw your video on Emily's facebook about getting a job...and i just wanted to remind you of what the test you took in high school said you should be!!

bec said...

adam - that is great news. what are the top three?

laura - do all of those.

julianne - you're right! i totally need to be either a stand up comedian or a clown. and emily needs to be a jeweler. ahahah

Tory said...

awwwww!!!!!!

karlie nicole cooper. said...

ah i forgot you were going to nashville this weekend!!! i hope you are having so much fun. wear that sweater proud. call me when you get back!

Anonymous said...

You easily entertained looser.
Mr.X