Thursday, December 18, 2008

Comment Approval

Alright. Becca's back to blog. Nothing like a little alliteration to start things off right. Although, does that alliteration count? Because the word 'to' is part of the sentence? Well, if it messes things up, then you can 1. Change it to Becca's back, bringin' blogz or 2. Just call that first one a partial alliteration. To start things off right.

Ok, so a week or two ago, I checked my email to discover that I had about six emails in my junk box. Five were from a blogger calling themself 'beccarox' (best name ever!) The sixth one was from, let's face it, an unmentionable sort of a place. Now, don't worry. Just because my blog comment notification emails go straight to my junk box doesn't mean I miss out on them. I check it diligently and make sure I can stay on top of the thousands of comments this blog receives. ANYWAY. Back to beccarox.

I went to the entry that beccarox had commented on. October 15th was the date. I will spare you the trouble of going back to look it up (unless you don't believe me - if you don't, feel free to check it.) The comments were as follows:


Blogger beccarox said...

dear becca, u r so fit, i want u more than santas want pies, like a block of cheese

Blogger beccarox said...

becca your soo fit cant wait to see you at the party itll be a right laugh hahahap.s your fit

Blogger beccarox said...

becca lovs chris 4 ever and ever
xxxx

Blogger beccarox said...

becca musk loves chris T

Blogger beccarox said...

chris is gay, never =0 chris turner loves becca


And I learned so much from this! I learned that I am so fit. Beccarox mentioned it enough times that I now can really take it to heart. I also learned that I love Chris forever and ever. I don't know much about Chris, except that he is not gay, his grammar is not exactly spot on, and he loves me/wants me. Like a block of cheese, he wants me. He is also likely from the UK judging by the slang he uses, and, let's face it, was maybe drunk and never intended for me to be the recipient of these messages (although possibly a different Becca should have been?)

Anyway, it prompted me to set up comment approval for my blog. But come to find out, the notification emails subside when you do that and you're supposed to approve them on the actual blog. So today I found three comments that I never knew existed! My favorite of which was probably the most recent one on my post about the walrus right down below:

Anonymous said...

You easily entertained looser.
Mr.X


Dear Mr. X,
Thank you for following my instructions from that blog post. I definitely let your comment be published for that reason.
Love,
b

Who are these unknown people I wonder? I have never been asked on a date because of my blog or recognized at various locations across the country because of my blog like this lady I know. In fact, if I am completely honest, I can almost guarantee that 90% of the traffic on my blog comes from hers alone. But tonight, that does not stop me from patting myself on the back because I just might have more than three readers.

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

Dear Mr. X,
Learn to spell, you jackass.

Anonymous said...

I agree; I was wondering what a looser was. :)

I like your blog, Becca! I'm definitely a fan. You have a lot of funny and honest things to say and I love Gabe.

Becca's a brilliant and bodacious blogger.

~LB said...

Look I am number 3 reader and I hope you approve this comment. Can I see you over break??

Anonymous said...

Becca,

For future reference, here's a quick list in case there's a daft tosser comes to take another piss...

Beware of any dodgy chap who calls you a slapper, a tart, or a slag. You shouldn't be fagged about by such gormless people.

Should anyone call you a fit bird, or a luvvly jubbly, know that their hanky panky and snogging isn't what it sounds like, but a bit of a jolly kiss. Make sure you're on the lookout for anyone trying to pull you.

It gets more rubbish when someone starts using rhyming slang, often referred to by yanks as Cockney. They use replacements for their words that rhyme, such as bees and honey, also known as money, or a brass cart referring to a tart. They could also shorten those in conversation referring to the bees that that brass owes me.

Well, that's a quick overview for a septic tank (yank).

Give us a bell on the dog and bone (telephone) if you have any other questions.

Andy Fish