Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Becoming Kansan

Little by little, I am becoming Kansan.

While I used to rely a lot more on other people to navigate the city, I am now driving more places myself, which helps me learn how to get around better.

I finally went in and got a new Kansas license today. My fourth one in six years! How silly. And expensive. But hey, at least my picture will not be totally outdated.

I am on the verge of having a successful location to run a business. I don't know what it is about myself, but as I talked to my Dad about it last night, he pointed out that he thought I would be acting happier about it. Maybe I am afraid of failure. Maybe I don't want to get my hopes up. Honestly, I feel a little in disbelief that God would just hand me what feels like such a dynamite opportunity. What did I do to earn this? What if I ruin something? Do I really deserve this?

I suppose it is a great reminder of how I really don't deserve anything good that God has blessed me with. But He continues to give because He loves me. Pretty humbling. And no, there are no guarantees when opening a business. Or even when working for someone else. But maybe I need to confidently seize what the Lord has presented me with. I am reminded of Zephaniah 3:17 -
"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

Really? He rejoices over us? Over me? And takes delight in me too? Words like that weigh pretty heavy with me lately. I know I am going to continue to make mistakes throughout my life. But how remarkable that His words will stay the same.

3 comments:

Michael Headrick said...

Yay! You got a license!

Sarah said...

I should talk about how this is a good post.

But instead I'll just say that you are officially Kansan. With a bad alarm clock. Like me.

Rebecca said...

Yes, Becca, God rejoices over YOU! You are special and dear to Him and He has great plans for you! : )...Now go train some puppies!!!! : )