Sunday, November 4, 2007

Just Me and My Dad

This past week, I got to spend parts of 4 days with my Dad.

It was such a fun time, and it was so uplifting to have someone familiar and close come to visit. We got to eat out at a few local restaurants, walk by a river down in Austin, be entertained by the world's cutest dog (that's Gabe), watch some agility, and he bought me a multitude of groceries that I will be enjoying for days to come. It was a lifegiving visit and I was so thankful 1. that he came out here and 2. for the person he is.

We share our love for dogs and I was thrilled he got a glimpse into what my life is like here. The time went by all too quickly but we both agreed that Thanksgiving is going to be here before we know it. I just happen to forget that fact a lot when the Texas weather still leads me to believe that it could be August!

Hopefully his time away from KC was a breather for him too. He puts in long days like me, only he has to spend them with people and I get to play with doggies. You be the judge of who has it tougher...

I was sad to see him go, but this week will stay a sweet memory of the time I am spending in Texas. Gabe and I miss you already, Dad! Oh, and Diamond too - they made friends fast :)

4 comments:

~LB said...

I miss my dad and I miss your dad!
Yeah for food

~LB said...

Im graduating in May but I am done with classes in December just an internship left for spring semester. I miss you too buddy a lot.

rachel rianne said...

i'm so glad that you got to see him.
i'm also glad that you saw a familiar face.

BUT.
i'm rather upset that i didn't tell you happy birthday on your birthday.
your last days of 21 year agery is gone!
and i missed it.

i hope it was a good birthday.
and are you coming home for thanksgiving??
because that would be stinking amazing.
and by amazing, i mean...
we need to hang out.

Sarah said...

Yeah - maybe I will lose 20 pounds like you did...