Monday, March 30, 2009

Observations From Working at an Animal Hospital: Week 1

1. There are some really, really nice pet owners out there. I am like putty in their hands.
2. There are also some really, really neurotic pet owners out there. It drives me crazy.
3. The candy basket on the front desk counter is not my friend.
4. Capturing and scruffing mean, grouchy cats to put them in a carrier is not a pretty sight. I am also a pansy at it.
5. I have already become aware of several euthanasia appointments that have occurred - cats, dogs, even a puppy - and I have teared up a little thinking about it. More than once.
6. Vet clinics like to be clean - VERY clean.
7. The software used to book appointments and check clients in/out is so NOT user-friendly.
8. Puppies will always be my favorite thing.
9. It's all more enjoyable than Starbucks.

5 comments:

karlie nicole cooper. said...

yay! it seems like a good fit. i'm so excited! what's your address? (you can email me [karliemann@gmail.com] if you don't want that floating around in blog world.) also, how would one talk to you online?

Sean said...

so long as you are writing, i am reading! thanks for the update, bp.

on saturday, kansas city received a bajillion pounds of snow *estimation*

naturally, i thought of colorado friends as i watched the snow all day long. it snowed hard and light and heavy and thin. but it snowed. all. day. long.

I am Bethany. said...

i'm glad you like it.
i'm glad you're happy.
i'm glad you're in the mountains
i'm sad i don't see you. or the mountains.

~LB said...

YAY! for the new job no yays for youthinasia. I really don't know how to spell it so I spell it wrong all the time on purpose

Paul said...

Saw your old boss this morning, and though she was in a good mood, I was glad for you being where you are. Puppies rule.