Sunday, February 8, 2009

Compare and Contrast

Current musts:

1. Special K with Red Berries. I could eat this every morning of my life, I think.
2. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion. It smells fantastic and moisturizes so well!
3. Air fresheners. I love it when my room and my car smell good. And Yankee Candle and Febreeze make some great ones.
4. My camera. I am going to have to buy a whole new computer just to hold pictures that I take, I'm pretty sure. I'm fobsessed.
5. My Oral B Vitality. It's an electric toothbrush. At first I hated it, but now I really like it. It basically polishes my teeth and is a lot less harsh on my gums. Now when I use a normal toothbrush it feels odd.
6. Iced double tall soy caramel macchiatos with sugar free vanilla and light caramel. I'm allowed to get it because I can make it for myself. Undecided if I will order such a train wreck of a drink order when I don't work at Starbucks any more.
7. Burt's Bees chapstick. It is the best.
8. Puppies. There is pretty much nothing better in the whole world than playing with puppies.
9. Wearing my black pajama pants to work. No one has noticed yet - in fact, if I wear those pants and a camisole to bed, then slip a polo shirt on over the top in the morning, it's like I never really had to get out of my pajamas!
10. Walks with Gabe. There's nice weather, and I have two healthy feet again.
11. Sale racks. I will forever be in love.

Current must nots:

1. Drama. Never.
2. Passive aggression. MEHHH.
3. People who talk too much and listen not enough.
4. Customers that tell me their negative opinion of Starbucks or the particular store I work in while I am in the middle of getting their order met. Talk to the manager. Talk to corporate. Or shut the bleep up and go open your own perfect coffee shop. And never talk to me again. Last time I checked, no one was FORCING people to drink Starbucks in general, let alone from any particular location. And, 9 and a half times out of 10 I am not actually responsible for whatever it is that they are unhappy about.**
5. Gas prices almost at 2 dollars again.
6. Expensive purses. It's not so much that I am against them. But I literally don't understand them. It's a purse. It will get filled with gum wrappers and receipts and pens. And you wouldn't want people wanting to steal your name-brand purse that much more. And you can find ones that look nice that aren't so expensive. Right? I guess I could be totally wrong about that. But that's my observation.

I am limiting my negative list so that it is shorter than the positive list. Should I have started with the bad one so that things ended on a happier note?

**If I am responsible for it, I apologize for it and make it right. I can get you examples if you are dying to know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...i always want the bad news first so that the good news cheers me up :-)

but the way you did is just fine...because you ended it comedically!

rachel rianne said...

two good feet!
score!


hahahaha i loved it when you said, "MEHHH."

Tory said...

couldn't agree more about expensive purses. i know this one girl who HATES girls who buy rip off brands. i mean, she HATES them. i will never understand why it matters!

margomay said...

i loved yours lists bec...

Anonymous said...

see here's the thing, one time my sister in law gave me an expensive purse for my birthday and I was like, "holy crap. I would never buy this." BUT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW MUCH I WANTED ONE UNTIL I HAD IT. Because seriously, the leather is like BUTTER, but in a very good way. And I think that just maybe, you might love it too, if you had one.

THAT SAID, when I say expensive I'm not talking about a purse that costs thousands of dollars. Because I don't get that for sure. Only a waste.

And that's my 2 cents.. :)