Friday, December 14, 2007

Help

I have to come up with a name for my business. My BUSINESS. MY business. Being that I graduate in 6 weeks and part of the graduation process is making a business plan. (was that even a complete sentence?) Anyway, I have been beating my head against the wall trying to think of a good name for a dog training business and I honestly have not thought of one thing that has stuck with me. It seems like existing dog trainers have businesses called really bland things like 'The Dog Training Company' or pretty cheesy things like 'Camp Bow Wow'. I want a name that has a deeper significance than those kinds of names but that also obviously eludes to the fact that it is a dog training business. Oh, and it has to have a logo too. So if anyone has suggestions...please let me know! I feel like I can't move forward with the assignment too well until I have a name picked.

11 comments:

Jack Ensor said...

How about...umm...Becca's Boot Polishing. Just think of the marketing opportunities:

"Becca's Boot Polishing, we train dogs."

I hope I win the contest!

hootenannie said...

Jack. That was HYSTERICAL! Really - I'm in the Charlotte airport, laughing hard. You will definitely win the contest.

Definitely have Emily design some kind of logo for you - she's good at that sort of "branding" thing.

I will be thinking of good names. It's all I will do on my flight to KC.

hootenannie said...

I've got it:

"Paws for Christ."

Saving the souls of all breeds - from mangy mutts to high-brow hounds.

I'll keep thinking.

hootenannie said...

MenoPaws?

No?

Muzzle-Tav. (Too bad you're not Jewish - you could convert? Because I think that's a kick ass business name.)

Pawsibility. Unleashed. The Barking Lot. Pick-a-Paw. The Wagging Tail. Wiggle Waggle. (That's actually kind of cute)

I kind of like the idea of something simple and pleasant, like Good Dog, or Happy Dog, or...

Or THAT'LL DO!!!!!

bec said...

haha I am loving the ideas so far. Some that I have thought about as well:

Up Your Pup (too many words? better as a slogan? cheesy?)
Happy Tails
Fluffganoogins (seriously! and there is no way it's copyrighted yet)
Doggy Style (jk...that is my roommate's boyfriend's idea for HER business haha)
Gabe is the Best. (just kidding)

Sarah said...

Pahhhty Deeoogs

Enough said on what the logo would be.

Paul said...

How about "The Good Dog Training School"?

Or "Top Dog Training"

"Happy Tails" definitely is a winner. Good thinking, Becca.

"Tallyho Dog Training"

"The No One Loves Dogs More Training School" Awkward, but man, once they hear it they'll not forget it - it's got name recognition!

Rebecca said...

I have got to agree with you, Paul, that "Happy Tails" is definitely a winner. However, what about "The Perfect Prance", "Totally Tails" or "Tails Up"? This is fun! Thanks for letting us get involved in your project! : )

hootenannie said...

So... there are no takers for "Muzzle-Tav"...??

Sarah said...

How about Up Your Pup?

Whoop Your Tail Training?

Bark's The Word?

Rebecca said...

I think the favorite of Matt and I at this point is one of Annie's: "Unleashed". It is short, but says a lot.