Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Confession

I have a confession to make.

A lot of times, when people talk about 'right-wing' or 'left-wing' in regards to politics, I have to scramble to remember which one is which. Maybe because I, to this day, remain unaffiliated from any one party.

But never fear.

A fad of the past known as Beanie Babies has helped me avoid complete forgetfulness. As a kid, a good friend of mine bought Lefty the Donkey, even though it made her a little uneasy that he was the symbol of Democrats. But, he was just a lot cuter than the Elephant, Righty.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Righty and Lefty:




Because what could be a better mnemonic device than a stuffed animal?

And they said this fad would die out. Not quite. Not quite yet.

1 comment:

~LB said...

you make me laugh. enough said