Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blog Ignorer

That's what I am. A blog ignorer.

But it's really good. Because it means I have had other things to do and I have been having fun doing them.

I live with cool roommates. Three girls and two guys and Gabe, currently the first place dog in the contest!! (Keep up the votes until September 10th!)

I got a job that I am starting on Monday as a nanny for two little girls. It's definitely a blessing and a provision. Plus I get nights and weekends off - WHEN HAVE I EVER HAD A JOB LIKE THAT, YOU GUYS?

Zoe's is a coffee shop we are helping get off the ground and running in the next few weeks. (It looks so good inside).



It's almost fall. And that is never a bad thing.

I am making some new friends and reconnecting with the old ones.

My parents live close enough that I can make a weekend visit if I want.

A lot of people wrinkle their nose and scratch their heads when I tell them that I moved BACK here. And sometimes I wonder the same thing. But mostly this place holds a special place in my life. I like the simplicity of this life. I like the down to earth nature of this place. I like that not every luxury is available and at my finger tips. I like being a part of bringing new life back to an old place, and I like the people I am working alongside. Lately, when I am asked how I feel about Jesus right now, I just say 'thankful' and 'blessed'. Because both are so true.

1 comment:

rachel rianne said...

yeah gabe!! he better win.
I'm so glad that I got an update on your life bc I SUCK at calling you??
I seriously wrote down your name on my to do list probably a million times.

glad. to hear you're good though.
Greeley to you sounds like manhattan to me. pretty much.
and cool about the coffee shop, nannying and free nights&wkends.