Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cocoa butter is next to godliness.

Let's see. An update on my day(s) perhaps?

One thing I don't know that I will ever get used to is the lack of schedule consistency in working a job like Starbucks. Wake up at 4 am today? Sure. Don't come in to work at all tomorrow? Great. That sort of schedule does have its perks. Work is less likely to become mundane, perhaps. Er, well the hours at least. But it also makes it so difficult to ever fall asleep at the right time, or wake up at the right time. I guess that's why they sell coffee - so I can drink it to survive my job.

We have dog flu going around our house. That is, we keep having dogs throw up, and unless we catch them doing it, we don't know which one has it. Gabe has definitely had it in the past two days though. So, I have forced him to eat nothing but rice for the time being. Does that help? I don't know. But it's bland and gentle on the stomach. I am well-prepared for motherhood, I'd say.

I am the worst unpacker ever. I started to put everything away after the trip, but my suitcase still is laying in the middle of my room, a few random clothing items on top of it. Why do I do this?

It is safe to say that I look/feel disgusting 90% of the time lately. Between the aforementioned work schedule (not to mention my line of work - barista and dog-wrangler? dream on, good hair days), lack of social agenda, and sticky, humid weather, the chances of my feeling 'put together' at any given time are slim to none. Which honestly is probably ok. I'm just warning you.

How can you not love his crimp and blondeness?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh you know I love his crimped blondeness.

The starbucks hygiene phenomenon is a look that me and my former roommate Nina (also a barista) came to call "homeless." Feel free you use and distribute as you see fit.

Loves!

rachel rianne said...

hah gabes is eating rice??
that's awesome.
you ARE a mom.


i never feel put together
and being in a city where people don't shower,
i don't think it's helping.

~LB said...

ok so i also am on the bad haircut no make up three days and wear volunteer shirts every day makes a girl feel a little less girly. Oh and starbucks wouldn't hire me so there. I love gabes blondness. I think when we all get home (rachel back from Seattle) we should dress up girly like and go eat good food with good friends.
Miss you becca