Saturday, January 26, 2008

One Week More!

It's so hard to believe I only have one more week here at Triple Crown. I think I am ready to move on though. I've learned a lot, grown a lot, and had some very interesting experiences, but certain aspects have definitely started to wear on me.

Maybe it's the waking up while it's still dark aspect.
Or the kennel duty aspect.
Maybe the drama between classmates or even instructors.
Or the HAB's (huge-ass bugs, as Annie named them one time).
The humid weather at all times.
The lack of social stability.

The good parts have definitely been there too though.

Learning all sorts of cool things relative to dogs.
Watching Gabe learn. Seriously, have you ever seen a dog learn? Like, literally WATCHED it? It's soo cool! I suppose that is probably how parents feel about their kids. Well, he is my kid.
Being a student, one last time.
Driving a truck on gravel, muddy roads through fields of cows.
Having several great visitors throughout my time here.

Those are just a recap of some of the stuff that has gone on here. Part of me wishes I would have had more time while being here to actually write about things that happened, but we seriously have stayed sooo busy. Which has been good in a lot of ways.

What is next for me? I'm moving to Kansas City, for starters. Even though I have lived there in the 'off seasons' of life for the past 4 years, this is like my official move there, at least for now. I hope to get a job working with dogs right away, but we'll see what is available. I'll get to play with Micah and the Leej though, and I'll still have lots of dogs around me at home :), not to mention a very loving and supportive family. Hopefully, some new friends will be made through church pretty soon after I get there too.

Speaking of friends, this week is special because I know four GREAT people with birthdays in the last three days.
Sara Colon from UNC on the 24th - she is so sweet and we are surrogate sisters :)
Grady DeBruin from Montrose on the 25th - the best neighbor and the token redhead my parents never had!
Emily Clader and Debbie Turner today - my bestie. Enough said. And my wonderful voice teacher from Montrose who has just as big of a heart for dogs as Emily and I.

I am reminded on weeks like this when we celebrate people how BLESSED I am. God is so good, even if I tend to forget it from time to time.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i hate not having a birthday in birthday shout-out blogs like this one...

kansas city here you come, right back where you started from, kansas city.........

HERE YOU COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Anonymous said...

YEAH for coming home! I am so proud of you!