Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Not back to school

Things I currently miss very much:
  • My roomies. Jamie, Nettie, Megan, Emma, Jill, Lauren, and Bianca
  • Having a social life
  • PITA PIT!!!
  • Starbucks on 11th Ave
  • Colorado and its TREMENDOUS dry air
  • Other friends like Sara, Abbey, other Megan, Mandi, Suiter, etc.

I'm not having a bad week or anything like that. But talking to friends who are back at UNC this week has made me all the more aware of what I am missing out on. Of course, there are plenty of things I do not miss at all as well.

  • CLASSES.
  • Homework
  • Beginning of the semester to-do list
  • Buying books
  • Finding your classes and going through the awkward first day where you walk in and everyone else looks at you and you try not to catch anyone's eye and just find a desk as quickly as possible. Or is that just me who feels that way about the first day of class?
  • Being horrified by that one pesky professor every semester
  • Being more broke than I currently am
  • Never seeing my family

I am truly thankful that I have things that I miss, because it makes me realize how blessed I was in the first place to have those gifts in my life. And I am also thankful I no longer have to deal with the latter of the two lists because they were pretty much a drag. It is very strange not to be a student any more though, at least outside of the classes I will be taking this fall at Triple Crown. I am getting really excited to go down there! Finally find out what it's like to be there. And see if Gabe measures up as a student :)

Maybe then I will have more interesting things to share on my blog too! Yes, I have some pretty good stories from work that I would be more than happy to share with you all. But I think Annie's advice to never blog about your job is pretty wise. I might be the quiet, pleasant girl who works at the front desk but oh do I have observations. If this sparks your interest you can always ask me on your own time.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Things to add on the do not miss:
-Cafeteria food
-Community showers
-Fire alarms in the early hours of the morning

But then again, you only lived in a dorm one year. I still have two ahead. But I have a tizight room.

Anonymous said...

I thought I read "spank your interest". I was really confused. really really confused. I'll work on that.