Saturday, August 18, 2007

Middlest

In many different ways, I am a middle-of-the-road kind of girl.

  • I find it very hard to make decisions. If you want an opinion, don't ask me. There are other people available for that task.

  • I'm a mediator. Both sides of an argument (for the most part) when discussed start to sound pretty relevant if I give it some thought.

  • Some people find me endlessly aggravating because they cannot figure me out. I just won't be one extreme or another; I'm most often somewhere in between.

  • I am the middle daughter in my family.

So, that being said, I've been sitting on the 'blog fence' for a while, trying to decide if it is worth it for me to start one. After all, I participated in, lived through, and then eventually left behind the Xanga era. And then Ashley, Annie, and Jeremy have gradually acquired blogs of their own. When I think about their blogs, my 'cyber insecurities' immediately go haywire. Ashley has beautiful pictures of sweet little boys to share with the world. Annie has words that could slay any writer, from Dear Abby to JK Rowling. And Jeremy has enough wit and humor to split your sides wide open. Don't believe me? Just check out their blogs, yo. My family gots talent. Furthermore, blogs require people to be open and vulnerable, things I am not famous for. Can't people just read my mind?



BUT. When I received the word that littlest Sarah got a blog of her very own last night, I got pushed over my blog fence. HER blog will be full of wise sayings and thoughts so deep they might sprain your brain. But hey. <------I have a dog. He's cute and I will use his face to make you like me more. And some people, if they can get past the sheer nerd that dwells within me, think I am kind of funny. I enjoy proper grammar and punctuation. So my thoughts might not be all that bad to read about.



This starts my blog. I put no promises behind it. But so far, it's kind of fun. :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes. I have brilliant ideas on...High School Musical lyrics?

But thank you. I hate the word blog so I really enjoyed your update.

hootenannie said...

YESSSSS!!!!!!! I'll add you to my sidebar!! I knew that eventually you would get a blog - and so far, I am very impressed. YOU are an amazing writer, AND funny, AND have great pictures, and on top of it all... you have computer skillz.

jerashparsons said...

YAY!! big girl blogger. love the title. love you. welcome to the dark side!!

Anonymous said...

I did it. ok. ok. ok. ok.